I made the decision not to change the condition of my floors--- for now. They are lumpy/bumpy, but NOT rusty. I don't mind the work to pound out the dents, that would be fairly simple, but it would cause loss of undercoating on the floor bottoms. I don't want to tackle taking off all the original undercoating and putting new Wurth back on. Been there, done that before and it is not fun! Since these floors are solid and not rusty, they are going to stay in this condition for quite a while.
If you want to read an article I wrote on restoring original floors, take a look HERE
Photos below of how I will leave them. Ready for underlayment and carpet. The brown color in the photos is NOT rust. It is old glue.
Updated the web page for my Tool Kit today. Took a few shots that were missing and added a good close up of the generator/fan belt. I made the artwork for back-dating a new/modern fan belt to look like the belts that originally came in the tool kit and on the engine. Came out pretty nice. More photos in the Tool Kit Section
the blog Archives