Yesterday I loaded the car on the trailer and took her to the body and paint shop. Reviewed the need for hood repair and a couple of small spots that needed extra attention. I now get to shop around for single stage Irish Green paint while he takes the car down to bare metal.
With the car gone, I am now focused on the items I have removed from the car. I started with the fuel supply. Upon removing the fuel selector valve, I found a clogged mess. Surprised the car ran at all.
With that introduction, I took the float out of the tank (top sender) and looked inside the tank. Looks to have been coated as some point and the coating is coming off. I took a long screwdriver and with very little pressure could scrape some off. Photos below.
Looks like I need to find something to chemically remove the coating. I suspect damage because of ethanol.
After some cleaning, the fuel selector valve looks nice, but I need to buy the soft parts to install. I guess this all could be worse- it could be rusty but I don't see that kind of an issue here.
Be sure to click on "Previous" at the page bottom to see lots of previous Blog pages!
At bottom of page, click on "previous" to see more- 13 pages of info.