The car arrived last year with the battery held in place with a bungee cord and no battery cover. I thought about buying a new cover, but instead got lucky and found a nice condition original one. It arrived today. Not going to buy a battery until I am ready to install all electrical, which will likely be the Spring of 2019.
Still waiting for the top rubber buffer/guard to arrive so I can complete this little project, but I did make some good progress on cleaning up the original jack. Not polished to concours level, but I am happy with it.
Back from vacation- glove box
As you will see in the photos below, my original glove box had been butchered. Someone cut holes in the back of the glove box and the inside flocking was in poor condition. New glove boxes are costly, so I set out for a solution.
A surprise to me was to see a glove box for sale on Ebay described as for a Porsche 911. Price was only $10. Shape looked the same to me, so "click" on the Buy-It-Now and it arrived at my doorstep. To my delight, It has the same outside dimensions/shape as the 356 glove box. Take a look at the side by side photos. The horrible one is the original 356 part.
There are differences. The cut out for the magnetic latch is not here, nor is the cut out for the lock. Also, the 911 box had no flocking. So, out came my utility knife and I cut the box for the correct latch and lock. I followed this with a good cleaning of the inside and applied black paint to the outside. Lastly I applied glue and flocking.
I am happy with the result. My $10 glove box!!
restoration & blog Archives