Headliner mostly ready for glue
B pillars left to cover and then a little trimming. One last smooth with the steam and then time to glue it all in. Getting close!
Sometimes Repair isn't practical
On my last 356 I restored the ashtray, as well as all the other chrome parts on the dash. Really looked great. Actually before restoring the ashtray, I bought a replacement from one of the standard suppliers. However, I was very disappointed in the replacement part. I took the photo below comparing the creases in the face of the ashtray. The creases/lines in the replacement part is much subtile, not well defined like the original. See comparison photo below. Anyway, that repro part was shipped back and I removed the chrome on the original and had it restored. I then reconditioned all the other pieces and reassembled. Result was great. However,,,,
However this time the ashtray is actually broken. No practical repair available and I had already decided I did not want repro.
Patience and some $$$ and a correct NOS one became available to me. Photos below show the NOS one and the broken original. Happy to have this to install!!
Tool Kit Completion
Finished restoring my Jack and that finally completes my tool kit! Photos of the tool kit are in the Tool Kit Section.
restoration & blog Archives